26 Dec Report from the XIX Gathering
Dear Members and Friends of the Polish Business Club in Jakarta.
First, I would like to thank all of you who found time and joined us last Thursday. For the second time in the row, the number of gatherers surpassed 60.
That evening, as the pre-Christmas Gathering, was very unique with a lot of fun, and for some also quite fortunate.
For the first time we had organized some extra sponsors, who donated many vouchers for dinners/lunches to the Lucky Draw.
Naturally, this time all of our guests were willing to decorate our cork board with they name cards, and some even created them with pen and paper at the last moment before the Lucky Draw started.
I would like to thank all of our sponsors that evening, starting with the Asian Tigers Mobility
www.asiantigers-mobility.com for sponsoring all of our 6 events this year. I hope that we will be able to extend our business relationship for the year 2015 and your logo and representatives will be present during our next year gatherings.
I would like to convey special thanks to:
– The Ritz Carlton, Jakarta, Pacific Place http://www.ritzcarlton.com/en/Properties/JakartaPacificPlace/Dining/Pacific_Place/Default.htm
for donating two lunch/dinner vouchers and giving to our club members a 10% discount for the whole year 2015 at their PACIFIC RESTAURANT & LOUNGE, 6th FLOOR
– JW Marriott Jakarta, www.marriott.com/jktjw for donating two lunch/dinner vouchers and giving to our club members a 25% discount for the whole year 2015 at their Salendra Restaurant, a 20% discount at Pearl Restaurant and a 15% discount at the Blu Martini Bar,
– Anatolia, Maroush, Front Row, Cater King , www.nomi-inc.co.id for donating four lunch/dinner vouchers and giving to our club members a 20% discount for the whole year 2015 at their restaurants,
– EL GRECO Gourment Cafe for donating two lunch/dinner vouchers and giving to our club members a 10% discount for the whole year 2015 at their place at Setiabudi 2, Kuningan,
– Turkuaz – Turkish Cusine & Baklava House, www.turkuazrst.com, for donating two lunch/dinner vouchers,
– Eastern Promise Bar & Restaurant, www.epjakarta.com, for donating not only two lunch/dinner vouchers but also for a great atmosphere and perfect service during our gatherings,
– Molly Malone’s Irish Pub, www.mollysjakarta.com , for donating not only two lunch/dinner vouchers but also for a great atmosphere and perfect service during our gatherings,
– Sunil Melwani from Society Wines for donating 2 bottles of wine,
– Dan from My Wine Supplier for donating 2 bottles of wine as well
ALAM BAHASA www.alambahasa.com, our member from Jogyakarta for coming specially to our gathering and distributing to our guests their small 2015 table calendars.
THANK YOU ALL !!!!!!!!
I would like to extend special thanks to the Ambassador of the Republic of Poland, Mr. Tadeusz Szumowski, for visiting us that night together with his family.
Not only the Polish Embassy in Jakarta was represented that night, but also the Trade & Investment Promotion Division, the First Counsellor Mr. Roman Morawski led his office representation.
For the first time we also welcomed a representative of the Polish Ministry of Foreign Affairs, an expert from the Department of Foreign Policy Strategy, Mrs. Lidia Powirska.
Generally, our gatherers represented the following industries, departments and offices:
As the temperature in the room was rising and more and more of our guests were wining different vouchers and bottles of wine, we continued and successfully finished the auction of our precious possession – the autographed Manchester United jersey. As you might remember the money collected from this auction will be donated to the ISCO Foundation http://iscofoundation.org which is active in bringing education to over 2,500 disadvantaged children in Indonesia.
Our member Dagfinn Kvammen for the second time has shown his generosity and warm heart. He decided to share his happiness and wealth with those who need it, and offered 20,000,000 Rp for that jersey. Another 2,500,000 Rp was donated to this project by Matt, also our Club’s member.
Once again THANK YOU Dagfinn & Matt
Together with Dagfinn we went last Wednesday to deliver the money to the ISCO Foundation, which happened to be the
Alpenstammtisch International” (ASI) International Networking
from the left to right: Josef Fush, myself, Dagfinn Kvammen and Dovina
With all of the festivities on Thursday the 11th of December 2014 at Molly Malone’s Irish Pub, I would say that we as the Polish Business Club, have finished the year 2014 with a Big Bang, so to keep it rolling in the right direction at the right speed, I would like to wish you a…………………………………
Andrzej / Andy